A rescheduled regular meeting of the Maywood Board of Trustees is set to take place tonight, Tuesday, July 26, 7 p.m., at village chambers, 125 S. 5th Ave. Among items to be discussed include:
- The approval of $2,334,914 in warrant expenditures through July 21.
- The approval of a 38-item omnibus agenda, which includes more than two dozen payments ranging from $6,043 to Utility Service Company for quarterly water tank maintenance to the City of Chicago for water services from April 15 through June 16.
- The omnibus agenda also includes a motion to appoint seven members to the Maywood Special Events Commission, which is planning an upcoming Maywood Fest;
- A resolution approving and authorizing the execution of a cost-sharing intergovernmental agreement between Broadview and Maywood for 13th Avenue resurfacing;
- Two ordinances approving local landmark designation for 704 N. 4th Ave. and 224 N. 1st Ave.
- A resolution consenting to a Cook County Class 6(B) property tax rate designation for 1900 S. Maywood Dr.
- The approval of two settlement agreements worth a combined total of roughly $20,000.
- In new business, the village board will also discuss the approval of an $803,000 contract to Trine Construction Corporation, the lowest bidder for water main and roadway improvements on Railroad Avenue;
- And a resolution that would allow the question of whether or not the village should adopt an ordinance prohibiting the issuance of any new Class M (video gaming cafe/bistro) liquor licenses in Maywood to appear on the Nov. 8 ballot.
For a complete list of agenda items, click here. VFP