Friday, September 2, 2016 || By COMMUNITY EDITOR || @maywoodnews
The Maywood Police Department is looking to hire a records supervisor at $18.88 an hour, $1,510.40 biweekly and $39,270.40 a year. For more on the position, read below:
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a civilian work task commanding the responsibility of police activity and criminal investigation records which includes the supervision of subordinates to carry out that work.
- The incumbent of this position will be expected to plan, organize, supervise, and evaluate the daily operations for the Police Records Bureau while on an assigned shift.
- Provide a full range of professional records and police information services, and respond to police support information requests. Act as the central contact person for all agency records.
- This position is administrative and supervisory in nature. Employee must be able to coordinate activities of the Records Bureau as it relates to the daily operation of the police department.
- Note: This description does not imply that these are all inclusive of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instruction and to perform other related duties that may be required. This position description does not constitute a contract for employment.
- Controls the activities of the records area which includes the daily assignment of responsibilities for the Records Clerks and/or Account Assistants; checks and verifies reports from various police shifts for accuracy of offense classifications; authorizes the release of information to police officers and others who inquire; write appropriate reports for various reasons; functions in a capacity to:
- Select, plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of assigned staff; review work for accuracy and compliance with Village codes, policies and procedures. Ensure that all staff complete required Field Officer Training (FTO) program and that the training is properly documented. Conduct performance evaluations, develop and coordinate training, work with employees to correct deficiencies, and implement hiring, discipline, and termination procedures in collaboration with Administrative Commander and upper management.
- Supervise the collection, storage, retrieval, and retention schedule of records data. Review and audit section work in accordance with Village, state, and federal standards. Perform quality control functions for the Bureau and engage in continual process improvement strategies.
- Assist in the evaluation of section operations and activities. Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives for the Bureau. Implement policies and procedures in concert with the Administrative Commander and upper management.
- Respond to requests for Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) documents, complaints and questions pertaining to the Records Bureau from Village staff, other agencies, and/or the public. Direct requests to appropriate department/personnel as needed.
- Work with the Administrative Commander and the Information Technology Consultant to determine and test necessary functionalities for the records system.
- May lead or assist in the training of Bureau and departmental staff.
- Perform related duties as required.
(Minimum Condition, Experience and Education)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and audibly understand the English language proficiently
- Must be able to work established hours, and weekends as the schedule indicates.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to attend court proceedings to prosecute cases.
- Must be able to operate computer equipment.
- Must live within the 15 mile radius of the Village of Maywood and maintain residency requirement throughout employment.
- Must pass a background check/physical examination and other requirements of the hiring process.
- Three (3) years of related experience in records management or proof of the successful completion of a Bachelors or Master’s Degree from an accredited institution. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Equivalent to an Associate’s Degree in criminal justice, records management, information systems, business administration, or related field.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficiency using databases and records management systems. Familiarity with ACCESS, FBI CJIS, and/or NCIC is a plus.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications:
Ability to Obtain:
- Law Enforcement Automated Data System certification within 3 months of employment.
- Other advanced certifications for records or data systems as required throughout employment tenure.
SOME TYPICAL DISQUALIFIERS:
- Felony convictions
- Certain Misdemeanor convictions that could create a discredit to the policing agency.
- Not passing a background check, physical examination, or other requirements as part of the hiring process.
- Inability to comply with any portion of the job description.
- Engaging in any conduct or activity that would discredit the policing agency and/or the Village or violating policies and procedures of the police department or Village of Maywood.
- Non-compliance with residency requirement.
For an application, click here. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. VFP