Thursday, September 22, 2016 || By COMMUNITY EDITOR || @maywoodnews
[By PROVISO TOWNSHIP DISTRICT 209] The Proviso Township High Schools District 209 Board of Education and Dr. Jesse J. Rodríguez, superintendent for District 209, will host a series of town hall meetings in each of the 10 villages that are within the district, beginning with Maywood on Thursday, September 22.
The town hall meetings, which will each take place between 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m., are an opportunity for parents and community members in each village to meet with Board members and Dr. Rodríguez, ask questions, and learn more about the direction of District 209.
“Our schools are your schools, and we value all input from members of the community,” Dr. Rodríguez said. “We welcome parents and other residents of our villages to dialogue with us on the direction our schools should go.”
One or more members of the Board of Education also will be in attendance. Mrs. Teresa D. McKelvy, president of the Board of Education, said that this is “a wonderful opportunity for our parents and community members to meet our new Superintendent and collaborate with the Board of Education.”
“We value your ideas, so come out and lend your voice to assist us in our efforts of being more inclusive,” she said.
Town hall meetings during the first semester of the 2016-2017 school year will take place on the following dates:
- Thursday, September 22 – Maywood Village Council Chambers (125 South Fifth Avenue in Maywood)
- Monday, October 3 – Stone Park Village Hall (1825 North 32nd Avenue in Stone Park)
- Thursday, October 27 – Melrose Park Civic Center (1000 North 25th Avenue in Melrose Park)
- Monday, November 14 – Hillside Elementary School (4804 Harrison Street in Hillside)
- Monday, December 5 – Westchester Public Library (10700 Canterbury Street in Westchester)