Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
A Legal, License and Ordinance Committee (LLOC) meeting is scheduled to take place tonight, Wednesday, Oct. 26, 7 p.m., at 125 S. 5th Ave. Among topics up for discussion (for the full agenda packet, click here):
- Discussion and consideration for selection of streets and alleys for repair in the Madison/5th Avenue TIF.
- Consideration and discussion for purchasing Solar Stop Signs.
- Discussion and consideration for hiring a Grant Writer.
- Discussion and consideration regarding the Maywood Fire Department invoice received from Alpha Prime Communications in the amount of $56,120.00 for Emergency Communications Equipment/FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant Fund.
- Cosideration for Tom Kus, Chairman of the Maywood Historic Preservation Commission to make presentation and give an update regarding activities from previous year and goals for 2017 followed by questions and answers.
- 2016 Real Estate Tax Levy Approval Process and Adoption Schedule for 2016 Tax Levy and 2017/2018 Annual Budget process.
- An Ordinance Amending Title XI (Business Regulations), Chapter 117 (Alcoholic Beverages), Section 117.41 (Hours of Operation) of the Liquor Control Ordinance of the Maywood Village Code regarding Retail Package Sale of Alcoholic Liquor on Sundays, with a cover memorandum dated October 12, 2016 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
- Consideration to discuss Memo and Ordinance previously sent to the Village for the October 12, 2016 LLOC Meeting. Board of Trustees granted Local Landmark Status to the Maywood Soldiers Widows Home located on the Village-owned property at 224 North 1st Avenue. VFP