Breaking News / Community Notebook / Events

Breaking: Parade Cancelled, But Battle of the Bands Will Still Take Place on May 13

proviso-east-homecoming_band_drums

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews || Updated: 4:09 p.m. 

The annual Battle of the Bands, scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 13, at Proviso East High School, is still on despite the fact that the parade that was supposed to take place before the event has been cancelled.

According to Cynthia Moreno, the district’s communications and outreach coordinator, some bands coming from out of town would not have been able to make the 9 a.m. parade.

Moreno said that this year, eight bands will be participating in the battle, compared to five that participated last year. Proviso East band director Cleatis Seals, who replaced longtime director Reginald Wright two years ago, said that his goal is to increase membership in the band.

Last year, Moreno said, 18 students participated in marching band. This year, the marching band had 35 members.

“I’m looking forward to all the bands doing exceptionally well and highlighting our students’ talents for the community,” said Seals.

The battle, which will take place at 12 p.m. inside of Proviso East’s football stadium at the corner of 1st Ave. and Madison St., will go forth as planned.

For more information about this event, call (708) 202-3026. VFP

For more local news, ‘Like’ VFP on Facebook

facebook logo

MFA AD_April 2017

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s