Tuesday, December 5, 2017 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
A public hearing on the 2017 village of Maywood tax levy, in addition to a regular meeting of the Maywood Board of Trustees, is scheduled for today, Tuesday, Dec. 5, 7 p.m., at Village Council Chambers, 125 S. 5th Ave. in Maywood.
Among items to be discussed (for the full agenda packet, click here):
- Discussion and consideration regarding Fire Department Foreign Fire Insurance (FFI) Tax Allocation.
- Discussion and consideration regarding PY2017 CDBG Engineering Agreement between the Village of Maywood and the Edwin Hancock Engineering Co. for Furnishing of Professional Engineering Services for the 20th Avenue and Warren Street Improvements Project in Maywood, Illinois
- Approval of Village of Maywood Warrant List No. 200442 through November 29, 2017 Expenditures in the total amount of $775,099.11.
- Resolution Approving And Authorizing Execution Of A Temporary Construction Easement for the Union Pacific Railroad Company as Part of the Union Pacific Railroad Company’s Third Rail Line Project (.055 Acres / 2,402 Square Feet of Existing Public Right-Of-Way for Track Construction), including the Temporary Construction Easement attached as an Exhibit, with a cover memo dated November 15, 2017 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
- Motion to direct Village Manager to send a written request to Mayor Edwenna Perkins to repay the Village of Maywood an amount equal to $150.00, which is a debt owed to the Village from 2013 for the improper use of Village funds when Mayor Perkins paid DJ Brown to play music at a private political party.
- Motion to direct the Village Manager to send a written request to Mayor Edwenna Perkins to repay the Village of Maywood an amount equal to $495.00, which is a debt owed to the Village from 2014 for the improper use of Village funds when Mayor Perkins paid to have resident Isiah Brandon attend a North Park University Training Program called, “2014 Boot Camp for New Nonprofit CEOs. See Village of Maywood check No. 83322 dated 6/13/14 and a North Park University check No. 0360133 dated 7/17/2014 and related invoice and documents. VFP
For more info, ‘Like’ our Facebook page here