Friday, December 8, 2017 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
The Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing at Loyola University Chicago is seeking African American women between 50 and 75 years old to participate in an eight-week Race-Based Stress Reduction and Resilience Program for African American Women.
Study requirements include:
- African American female between the ages
of 50 and 75
- No history of heart attack or stroke
- Have at least one risk factors for heart disease/stroke such as being overweight, having a high cholesterol, diabetes or high blood sugar, high blood pressure or having a family history of heart disease
Study Specifics include:
- Agree to participate in an 8- week stress reduction class at Loyola University Medical Center. Classes will meet weekly for 2 hours in the evening.
- Complete written questionnaires and have your blood drawn
- Does not require medication use
- Will not interfere or change your medical care
- Strictly confidential
Participants may receive up to $195 for time and travel. To learn more about the study, please call Dr. Karen Saban at (708) 216-3603. VFP
For more local info, ‘Like’ our Facebook page