Friday, December 15, 2017 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
The village of Broadview is looking to hire a part-time building code enforcement officer at $15 an hour, depending on qualifications. Candidates should apply by Friday, Dec. 29, 2017.
If you have any questions please contact LeTisa Jones, village administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Village of Broadview Building Department is seeking candidates for a part-time position in the Building Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: Part-time position performs inspection work in securing and maintaining substantial compliance with the Village of Broadview.
Building Codes and ICC Building Codes governing residential and commercial building trades such as, but not limited to building, plumbing, electrical and mechanical; review plans and subsequent inspection of buildings in the course of construction, alterations or repair to determine if plans, workmanship and materials conform to all existing code requirements.
Duties will include but are not limited to assisting in permit writing process as required.
- Issue Notices of Dangerous Buildings or an Unsafe Order when required.
- Initiates condemnation and demolition procedures when required for dangerous and unsafe buildings or structures.
- Conduct inspections to assist other departments such as Fire, Police, Housing, and Public
- Works as needed. Issue stop work orders, violation notices and penalty tickets for violation of city codes.
- Answer inquiries from public regarding building codes & related items.
The hours for this position varies Monday through Friday.
SELECTION: Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other verification.
Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen. VFP
For more local job listings, ‘Like’ our Facebook page