Wednesday, December 20, 2017 || By Michael Romain || @maywoodnews
Last month, the Maywood Board of Trustees unanimously approved a resolution establishing its regular meeting schedule for 2018. The resolution marks the first and third Tuesdays of each month as regular village board meeting dates for the 2018 calendar year.
All regular meetings start at 7 p.m. and are held inside of the village’s Council Chambers, 125 S. 5th Ave., in Maywood.
Earlier this year, the board voted to change the frequency of Legal, License and Ordinance Committee meetings. The LLOC used to be a committee of the whole that met every other week. Now, it only meets on an on-call basis, instead of regularly, twice a month, as it did before.
The board is required, by the Illinois Open Meetings Act, to notify the public of its regular schedule of meetings at the beginning of each calendar or fiscal year, including the regular dates, times and places of the meetings.
If any change is made to regular meeting dates, the board is required to give at least 10 days’ notice of the change in a general circulation newspaper.
The following is the 2018 schedule of regular board meetings:
- January: First Tuesday (Jan. 2) and third Tuesday (Jan. 16)
- February: First Tuesday (Feb. 6) and third Tuesday (Feb. 20)
- March: First Tuesday (March 6) and third Tuesday (Jan. 16)
- April: First Tuesday (April 3) and third Tuesday (April 17)
- May: First Tuesday (May 1) and third Tuesday (May 15)
- June: First Tuesday (June 5) and third Tuesday (June 19)*
- July: First Tuesday (July 3) and third Tuesday (July 17)*
- August: First Tuesday (Aug. 7) and third Tuesday (Aug. 21)*
- September: First Tuesday (Sept. 4) and third Tuesday (Sept. 18)
- October: First Tuesday (Oct. 2) and third Tuesday (Oct. 16)
- November: First Tuesday (Nov. 6) and third Tuesday (Nov. 20)
- December: First Tuesday (Dec. 4) (tax levy hearing) and third Tuesday (Dec. 18)
*Months that are likely affected by the village’s summer schedule. VFP
For more local news, ‘Like’ our Facebook page