Saturday, November 10, 2018 || By Michael Romain/Publisher || @maywoodnews
This week, I solidified the formation of a community advisory board that will help inform how Village Free Press expands. This group of local leaders will be a critical aspect of my efforts to make this more than a newspaper, but a vital community institution.
This advisory board will be responsible for ensuring that Village Free Press functions transparently, accountably, independently and sustainably.
The board will help us meet critical financial benchmarks, inform our editorial direction and help recruit future staff members, among other functions. Officers have not yet been selected.
Membership on this community advisory board is not permanent, so it is important that we always leave the door open for anyone interested in serving. If you feel that’s you, or if you know someone who is interested, email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Village Free Press Community Advisory Board
- Wayne Beals | Managing broker/owner, Wayne Beals & Associates; president, Housing Helpers, Inc.
- Bobby Hernandez | Stone Park community member
- Sarah Lira | Executive director, Housing Helpers, Inc.; chairperson, Maywood Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals
- Vena Nelson, CPA/MBA | Owner, Go Big Accounting; owner, Global Business Center
- Christopher J. Parker | Vice president, commercial lending, Wintrust Financial Corporation; president, Bellwood Chamber of Commerce
- Bishop Dr. Reginald Saffo | President, Proviso Township Ministerial Alliance Network; chancellor, United Faith Christian Institute and Bible College
- Tamara Wallace | Founder/CEO, Lādē Inc.; editor/publisher, Lādē Magazine
- Deborah Williams | Community outreach and engagement specialist, Habilitative Systems, Inc.
- Gary Woll | Retired; former Maywood trustee and village clerk