Man Displaced From Maywood Home After Dec. 21 Fire

Friday, December 21, 2018 || By Michael Romain || @maywoodnews

A man has been displaced after a fire that happened on the zero hundred block of Legion Street, near 1st Avenue, in Maywood, according to Maywood Fire Chief Craig Bronaugh.

Firefighters were on the scene of the blaze just after 8 a.m. on Dec. 21. Bronaugh said that the fire likely originated within the kitchen walls and was accidental in nature.

No one was injured, he said, but the house was inhabited by a man who had not been home at the time. The tenant received assistance from the Red Cross, the chief said.

Outside of the fire, Maywood firefighters tested the department’s new ladder truck, which had been in service for less than 24 hours when the call came, Bronaugh said.

“This being the first official day of winter, I am relieved that we are entering this season with an aerial ladder unit,” the chief said.

“I encourage everyone to continue their efforts of ensuring that all smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are both present and operating,” he added, “so that in the event of fire every resident is able to get out of the home safely and without injury.” VFP

For more local news, ‘Like’ our Facebook page

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.