Wednesday, December 26, 2018 || By Michael Romain || @maywoodnews
Twelve people turned in nominating papers in hopes of running for three open seats on Maywood’s Board of Trustees in the April 2, 2019 Consolidated Election.
Interested residents seeking to make objections to those candidates’ papers had until Monday to file those challenges. The village clerk’s office has not yet announced whether or not any objections were made.
Trustees Isiah Brandon, Henderson Yarbrough and Ron Rivers have terms that recently expired. Only Brandon filed petitions for reelection. Yarbrough announced earlier this month that he has no plans of running again.
Four political parties are represented among the dozen candidates — one of which, the Maywood Legacy Party, is brand new.
Here is a list of candidates who filed.
- Nathan Booker | Independent
- Arnettra Barber-Burnside | Independent
- Luther Spence | Independent
- Asia Ousley | Maywood Legacy Party
- Isiah Brandon | People’s Choice Party
- Eileen Olivier | People’s Choice Party
- Miguel Jones | People’s Choice Party
- Antonette “Toni” Dorris | Maywood Visionary Party
- Steven R. Smiley | Maywood Visionary Party
- Mary “May” Larry | My Maywood Party
- Wanda J. Evans-Brewer | My Maywood Pary
- Nathan Lee | My Maywood Party
For more local news, ‘Like’ our Facebook page