Wednesday, January 16, 2019 || By Michael Romain || @maywoodnews
The race for three open seats on the Maywood Board of Trustees is set after objections to the petition signatures of two candidates were withdrawn during a local electoral board hearing on Jan. 16.
During the hearing, Luther Spence, the attorney for the objector, Alonzo Hutton, said that Hutton had decided to withdraw his objections to the petition signatures of Nathaniel George Booker and Arnettra Barber-Burnside. Spence is also a candidate for village trustee.
The three members of the electoral board — Maywood Mayor Edwenna Perkins, Village Clerk Viola Mims and Trustee Henderson Yarbrough — voted unanimously on both motions to withdraw Hutton’s objections against each candidate.
The decision means that the race for three open seats on the Maywood board is pretty much set in stone. Eleven trustee candidates will be on the ballot on Election Day, April 2.
They are (in alphabetical order):
- Nathaniel George Booker | Independent
- Isiah Brandon | People’s Choice Party
- Wanda J. Evans-Brewer | My Maywood Party
- Arnettra Barber-Burnside | Independent
- Antonette “Toni” Dorris | Maywood Visionary Party
- Miguel Jones | People’s Choice Party
- Mary “May” Larry | My Maywood Party
- Nathan Lee | My Maywood Party
- Eileen Olivier | People’s Choice Party
- Steven R. Smiley | Maywood Visionary Party
- Luther Spence | Independent
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | Facebook: @maywoodnews