Tuesday, January 29, 2019 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews || Updated: 5:03 p.m.
The Chicago area is expected to experience record-breaking cold on Wednesday. The Emergency Closing Center provides the status of area schools, businesses, daycare centers and organizations.
Below are institutions included in the full list (which you can access here) that are located in Proviso Township. We’ve also added institutions that indicated their status on websites or press releases.
We’ll regularly update this list throughout the day.
- Bellwood Elementary Schools District 88 | Closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Bellwood Public Library | Closing early on Tuesday (5 p.m.); closed Wednesday; opening late on Thursday (12 p.m.)
- Broadview Public Library | Closing early on Tuesday (5 p.m.); closed Wednesday; open Thursday, from 12 p.m. to 5 pm.
- Grace Montessori School | Closed Tuesday
- Lindop School District 92 | Closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Loyola University – Health Science Division in Maywood | Closing early (5 p.m.) on Tuesday; closed Wednesday
- Margery Daw Daycare in Maywood | Closed Wednesday
- Maywood Fine Arts | Closed Wednesday
- Maywood Public Library | Closed Wednesday
- Maywood-Melrose Park-Broadview District 89 | After school programs and District Family Night scheduled for Tuesday have been cancelled; closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Melrose Park Public Library | Closed Wednesday
- Proviso Area for Exceptional Children (PAEC) | Closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Proviso Township High Schools District 209 | All after school activities and events cancelled on Tuesday; all three schools closed on Wednesday and Thursday
- An Artspace Public Follow-up Meeting that was scheduled to take place on Jan. 30, 5:30 p.m., at Maywood Fine Arts (Studio C), 20 N. 5th Ave. in Maywood, has been rescheduled.
- The Circuit Court of Cook County (including Maywood Courthouse) | Closed Wednesday and Thursday | “This means that – with the exception of bail hearings and certain pretrial matters for in-custody defendants at the Leighton Criminal Court Building in Chicago and juvenile detention hearings at the Juvenile Center in Chicago – there will be no court in session on Wednesday and Thursday in any Cook County courthouse. All cases set for Wednesday and Thursday will be rescheduled,” Circuit Court officials explained. “Jurors who are currently assigned to a trial do not need to come to court on Wednesday and Thursday, but they must return to court on the next date scheduled by the trial judge. Those who were called for jury duty on Wednesday or Thursday do not have to come to court on Wednesday or Thursday, and they will receive a new summons for duty on a future date.”
Contact: email@example.com | Facebook: @maywoodnews