Thursday, August 3, 2017 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews || Feature Image: Getty Images
Proviso Township High Schools District 209 is offering immediate onsite interviews to qualified candidates who can fill immediate vacancies for the 2017-18 school year in the following positions:
- 1 ELL or bilingual science teacher at Proviso East High School
- 2 ELL or bilingual math teachers at Proviso East and Proviso West High Schools
Continue reading “D209 Offering On-Site Interviews for Bilingual Science and Math Teachers”
Thursday, July 20, 2017 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
The July print edition Village Free Press is now available at the following locations. We’ll be dropping papers off at numerous businesses throughout the week and over the weekend:
- Maywood Public Library
- Maywood Multipurpose Building
- Maywood Village Hall
- Maywood Police Station
- Bellwood Public Library
- Bellwood Village Hall
- Broadview Public Library
- Broadview Village Hall
- Melrose Park Public Library
To read the May edition online, click here.
To support Village Free Press, click here.
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
The Memorial Park District, which represents all of Bellwood and Stone Park, and parts of Berkley, Hillside, Northlake and Melrose Park, is seeking candidates interested in filling a vacancy on its 5-person board.
Interested individuals can email letters of interests and/or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to Mari Harrell, Memorial Park executive director, at 3101 Washington Blvd. in Bellwood.
The deadline for submissions is June 30, 2017. For more information, email email@example.com or call (708) 547-3907.
Sunday, May 28, 2017 || By Michael Romain || @maywoodnews || Photos provided
An apparent multiple-alarm fire reportedly broke out on Sunday afternoon on the 1000 block of South 14th Ave. in Maywood, according to witnesses.
Witnesses said that they saw fire departments from Maywood, Bellwood, River Forest and Hillside on the scene. It isn’t known when, precisely, the fire started but by 6 p.m., it appeared that the fire was extinguished, according to witnesses.
So far, it isn’t known whether or not anyone was injured. Emergency officials couldn’t be immediately contacted for comment.
More as this story develops. VFP
For more news, ‘Like’ VFP on Facebook
Tuesday, May 16 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
A regular meeting of the Maywood Board of Trustees is scheduled to take place tonight, Tuesday, May 16, 7 p.m., at 125 S. 5th Ave. in Maywood. New board members will take their oaths of office. Among other items to be discussed (for access to the full agenda packet, click here):
- A RESOLUTION APPROVING THE SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT AND GENERAL RELEASE AND AUTHORIZING THE PAYMENT OF SETTLEMENT FUNDS IN THE HALL V. MAYWOOD, ET AL. LITIGATION (Settlement amount: $150,000), which includes the Settlement Agreement and General Release as an Exhibit, with a cover memo dated May 10, 2017 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd. (No Attachments)
- Approval concerning IPFS Corporation of the 28% down payment for General Liability Insurance Premium Policy for auto, property, crime, excess umbrella and general, etc. for the Village of Maywood. The total cash down payment is $187,099.25. VFP
Give a little or a lot to advance local democracy by clicking here.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
Funeral services for Andrew Burnside II, the 18-year-old son of Maywood Park District Board President Arnettra Burnside, have been set.
The visitation and viewing will take place on Friday, Jan. 27, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., at Jos. R. Jones Funeral Homes, 5515 W. Chicago Ave. in Chicago.
The wake and funeral will take place on Saturday, Jan. 28, at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m., respectively, at Greater Rock Missionary Baptist Church, 718 S. Independence in Chicago. A repast will take place directly after the burial at Greater Rock Missionary Baptist Church.
The family is requesting that all flowers and acknowledgments be sent to Jos. R. Jones Funeral Home, 5515 W. Chicago Ave. in Chicago.
For more local news, ‘Like’ VFP on Facebook
Wednesday, December 14, 2016 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
A Legal, License and Ordinance Committee (LLOC) meeting is scheduled for today, Wednesday, Dec. 14, 7 p.m., at 125 S. 5th Ave. (For the full agenda packet, click here):
Among items to be discussed:
- Update on the ATM Machine to be installed at 40 Madison Street
- Discussion on the Village Officials deciding which streets to have repaired and paid from the Madison TIF.
- Provide an update on the Grant Writer Position VFP
For more local news, ‘Like’ VFP on Facebook