Wednesday, July 18, 2018 || By Michael Romain || @maywoodnews
Featured image: Broadview Mayor Katrina Thompson during a July 18 business luncheon, where she announced that the Broadview Chamber of Commerce has been reconstituted. | VFP
In front of a crowd of roughly 30 small business owners, elected officials and local bank executives, Broadview Mayor Katrina Thompson announced that the Broadview Chamber of Commerce is now the Broadview Business Association.
Continue reading “Broadview Mayor Unveils Rebranded Chamber Of Commerce”
Friday, June 8, 2018 || Community Editor || @maywoodnews
Featured image: Attendees gather at Triton College on June 6 for the annual Proviso Township Joint Chambers of Commerce scholarship and awards banquet. | VFP
On June 6, at Triton College, 2000 S. 5th Ave. in River Grove, the Bellwood, Maywood, Broadview and Melrose Park Chambers of Commerce hosted their annual Proviso Township Joint Chambers of Commerce annual scholarship and awards banquet.
Continue reading “Area Chambers Of Commerce Give Out Community Awards, $1K Scholarships”
Newly installed officers of the Bellwood, Broadview and Maywood Chambers of Commerce during a June 7 awards and scholarship banquet. | Below, Chris Kennedy, the night’s keynote speaker. || Michael Romain/VFP
Saturday, June 10, 2017 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
New officers of the Bellwood, Broadview and Maywood Chambers of Commerce were installed during a June 7 ceremony at Proviso West High School, 4701 W. Harrison St. in Hillside.
This year marked the first time that all three chambers came together to host the event, formally called the 2017 Annual Awards & Scholarship Banquet. Illinois gubernatorial candidate and businessman Chris Kennedy was the keynote speaker.
The following directors and officers were installed during the June 7 service:
- President | Christopher Parker, Pan American Bank & Trust
- Vice President | Arnetta Watkins, Travel with Netta (TWN)
- Treasurer | Lee Werner, L.E. Werner and Associates, Inc.
- Carl Williams, Millenium IV Realty/LegalShield
- Dawood Burhani, Jamali Kopy Kat Printing, Inc.
- Dr. Marta Alvarado, Westlake Hospital
- Lillian Paschal, LegalShield
- Mary Badger, LegalShield/Go Small Biz
- Siraj Bhanpuri, Broadview True Value
- Theodore Steiskal, Memorial Park District
- Jacqueline Spratt, Bellwood Public Library
- Jacqueline Walton, Jacqueline Walton Agency, Inc.
- Demetrios Walton, Family Affair Entertainment
- Pam Lawrence (pastor), M.E.C.A. Christian School
- Earlene Dotson, Symone’s Catering
- Marth Williams, Board Secretary
- Cory L. Foster, ComEd
- Stan D. Huntington, Maywood Public Library
- Amanda A. Turner, Ph.D., Triton College
- Jennifer L. Koehler, Loyola University Health System
- Karen A. Yarbrough, Hathaway Insurance Agency
- Tom Engoren, Chairman
- President | Gerald Davis, GRD Realty, Inc.
- Vice President | Kevin McGrier, 640 Credit Repair
- Treasurer | Dorothy Brown, Seaway Bank
- Secretary | Roberta Corvo, Midtown Carpet Service
- Broadview Directors
- Jim Mullins, Mullins Food Products
- Keisha Hester, Broadview Public Library
- Siraj Bhanpuri, True Value Hardware Store
- Sir Richard Montalbano, Montalbano Furniture Factory
The following students received Chamber of Commerce scholarships:
$1,500 Annual Scholarship Award
- LeRayah Neely-Brown, Proviso Math and Science Academy
- Michael Preston, Proviso East High School
- Reena Murphy, Walther Christian Academy
$1,000 Annual Scholarship Award
- Arterrya Edmond, Tennessee State University
- Courtney Johnson, Southern Illinois University
The following individuals received awards from the Bellwood Chamber of Commerce:
- Business of the Year | ComEd
- Community Leadership | Bellwood Police Department
- Civic Person of the Year | Willie Hall
- Distinguished Service | Former Mayor Frank A. Pasquale & Clerk Lena Moreland
The following individuals received awards from the Maywood Chamber of Commerce:
- Community Service | Michael Romain
- Business of the Year | Seaway Supply Chain
- Person of the Year | Dan Perkins
- Distinguished Service | James Whitehead
The following individuals received awards from the Broadview Chamber of Commerce:
- Civic Leader of the Year | Mayor Katrina R. Thompson
- Community Leader of the Year | Rep. Emanuel “Chris” Welch
- Businessman of the Year | Siraj Bhanpuri